Okay, so baking isn’t exactly my strongest suit, but in the interests of improving myself and all that jazz, I came across the easiest oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe and just had to subject myself to another night of having flour explode all over my kitchen.
And I mean easiest – so easy you could do it drunk or blindfolded. Or both! So pour a glass or two and let’s begin.
Let’s Take A Look at the Ingredients!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Looks Good! Let’s Get Started
- First, “cream” together the margarine/butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. I have no idea what “creaming” is but I imagine it’s a fancy way to say mix.
- Simple enough. Next, throw in the flour and get kneading.
- In a separate bowl, mix your water and baking soda together and then throw them in.
- Finally, throw in the oats and chocolate chips and mix it all up until it’s a fairly uniform substance. Done? Great! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grab a spoon, and put little dollops down onto a cooking sheet (no need to grease). You want to ensure they’re fairly uniform so they cook evenly. I used aluminum foil as well, which makes the bottoms a bit crispier (or so I read).
- Cook each batch for 12 – 15 minutes and let them cool on a separate plate. This yielded about 15 large cookies for me. I also sprinkled a bit of sugar on top because I found they could have been a bit sweeter.
- Voila! Comfort food at its finest. Now bring them into work and shock your coworkers into believing that you can actually bake something half decent.